We are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy and handling Your information in an open and transparent manner.
What information we collect about You
The personal data we collect and process may include, among others:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as Your email address and telephone number (or any telephone number used to call our customer services);
- Evidence of Your identity (for example passport information);
- unique identifiers such as username, account number and password;
We also collect from You information in relation to other people (e.g.: details of the recipients of Your money transfers), where You provide us with such information. By providing us with such information you confirm that you have obtained any necessary permissions from such persons to the reasonable use of their information for such purposes in accordance with this notice, or are otherwise permitted to give us this information on their behalf. Please also ensure that those other people are aware of this notice and that the provisions of this notice are clearly communicated to them.
How we collect information about You
- Information You give to us when You use our services. If You use our services You will need to provide certain information including Your name, address and card number, as well as the name and other details the recipients of the money transfers that you instruct us to carry out.
- Other information You give to us. This is information about You that You give us by filling in forms on our site (e.g.: the ‘contact us’ section) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes, for example, information You provide when You register on the site for us to contact You, and when You report a problem with our site. The information You give us may include, among other data, Your name and e-mail address.
When You download our Mobile App, in addition to the information mentioned above we:
- automatically collect information on the type of device You use, operating system version, and system and performance information. We may send You push notifications from time-to-time in order to update You about any events or promotions that we may be running. If You no longer wish to receive these types of communications, You may turn them off at the device level. To ensure You receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about Your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on Your phone. This software may record information such as how often You use the Mobile App, the events that occur within it, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the Mobile App was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal data You submit within the Mobile App.
How we use Your information
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide You with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the services You have requested from us. We may also use the information that You have provided to ensure that the content in our Mobile App is presented in the most effective manner for You and Your device.
We use Your information for the following specific purposes:
- to register You with a Prepay Dove account;
- to fulfil Your Transaction / (Airtime Top Up) Request;
- to send You confirmations;
- to notify You about changes to our services;
- to prevent fraud;
- to ensure that content from our Mobile App is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your device;
- to administer our Mobile App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Mobile App and our services secure.
Legal grounds for using Your personal information
The law permits us to process Your personal data in the way we do because the processing is:
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue, which are:
- to run and administer our business;
- to prevent fraud;
- to provide you with our services;
- to evaluate, develop or improve our services;
- to keep you informed about relevant products and services you are using;
- to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary; and/or
- to provide You with an efficient and smooth customer experience;
- necessary for the performance of our contract with You to provide You with our services;
- necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- permitted by You, because You have given us consent.
Sharing Your information
- We may disclose data to provide our services, to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, liaise with judicial or regulatory authorities where required under applicable law, and protect our rights and property.
- The personal information You provide to us may also be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or related companies, including without limitation:
- with credit reference agencies to verify Your identity or recipients of the money transferred through the Service, if this is necessary to provide You with our services, respond to Your enquiries or for any other related purposes, and
- with fraud prevention agencies who may use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify Your identity:
- We may also share Your personal information with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services to or for us;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- other business entities, should we plan to merge with, or be acquired by, or be invested in by that business entity, or if we undergo a corporate re-organisation;
- to any other third party, but only subject to Your prior consent.